vs.flexigridsearch provides a drop-in replacement for the search.pt template of Plone 3/4. The search results are presented as a sortable table using the jQuery flexigrid plugin.
- add vs.flexigridsearch to the eggs option of your buildout configuration and re-run buildout
- create a new Plone site using the related Plone3 or Plone 4 extension profile of vs.flexigridsearch
- or import the related profile for an existing Plone site through portal_setup (Import tab) (there are dedicatd profiles for Plone 3 and Plone 4 since we need different flexigrid versions due to different jQuery versions in Plone 3 and 4).
- no special usage: perform a search and the result should be rendered using the flexgrid jQuery add-on.
- vs.flexigridsearch uses a property sheet under
portal_properties/flexigridsearch_properties for its configuration:
- portalTypesToSearch - a list of portal types to be searched (a future version of the software will use the configuration of Plone)
- sort_limit - maximum number of hits to be retrieved from portal_catalog. The parameter name is kind of misleading but the portal_catalog will really limit the number of returned rows
- columns - defines the columns of the flexigrid table. In general
vs.flexigridsearch can support all searchable indexes of the portal_catalog:
- Title (this should be always included if you want a clickable link to the content object)