Plone4Artists Audio (1.1)
See the Plone4ArtistsAudio screencast for a overview of the product's features.
Plone4ArtistsAudio is a Plone product built to expose the p4a.audio framework in a Plone setting. In a nutshell it provides the following features:
- File support
- Uploaded File objects are scanned for audio mime types and are audio enhanced automatically if a registered mime type is found.
- Audio container support
- Any folder or smart folder can be media activated which turns it into an audio container which knows how to display an overview for all contained audio.
- Embedded media player support
- MP3 and Ogg audio files can be played inline within the browser.
- Audio metadata support
- Audio information is read from and written to MP3 and Ogg audio files.
- Podcasting support
- Audio containers (activated folders or smart folders) can have ther contents broadcast using RSS with enclosures representing the individual audio files.
- External filesystem storage support
- By default all audio content is stored directly within the ZODB, but by using the BlobFile product all audio content can be stored automatically outside the ZODB on the filesystem.
- Content Licensing support
- All audio content can automatically be licensed using the ContentLicensing product.
- Tagging support
- All audio content can be tagged by installing the p4a.plonetagging component. Please note that tagging can easily be added to your Plone site without Plone4Artists using the ContentTagging product.
- Rating support
- All audio content can be rated by installing the PloneContentRating product.
- Commenting support
- All audio content can be commented by installing the easycommenting product. Please note that this commenting is an alternative to Plone's built-in discussion tool.
- Licensing Support
- ContentLicensing 1.0.2 or higher
- Tagging Support
- Rating Support
- PloneContentRating which wraps contentratings.
- Commenting Support
- Podcasting Support
- External Filesystem Support
- BlobFile 1.0alpha1 or higher
If you're installing from the Plone4ArtistsAudio bundle release you simply need to install all of the included Zope 2 products into your $INSTANCE_HOME/Products directory.
If you're installing just the Plone4ArtistsAudio Zope 2 product, you'll need the other dependencies installed manually as well. Please see their install files for proper installation instructions.
Configuration within a Plone site is simply a matter of going to the Add/Remove Products configlet and installing the Plone4ArtistsAudio product.
Note: The Plone4ArtistsAudio product does not install any content types.
- files with mime types audio/mpeg or application/ogg will automatically become audio enhanced
- folders and files can be toggled to be audio enhanced by selecting the activate audio menu item in their respective actions drop down menu's. MP3 and Ogg files will automatically get audio activated when they are uploaded.
Please note that this product is just a Zope 2 integration layer for the p4a.audio and p4a.ploneaudio python packages. See the actual python package directories within the $INSTANCE_HOME/Products/Plone4ArtistsAudio/pythonlib directory for further details.