Image Repository (1.0.1)
Released on 2011-06-01 by Jarn, Wichert Akkerman for Plone 3.0, Plone 4.0 under GPL - GNU General Public License available for All platforms.
Software development stage: stable
Image Repository is a centralized image repository capable of holding thousands of images with keyword/tag-based browsing and filtering.
Image Repository is a simple folder that can hold thousands of images, and
provides you with a user interface that lets you tag things with keywords
effectively, as well as browse images by keywords (tags).
- Its goal is to provide you with an easy way to have a centralized image
library with thousands of images categorized by keywords, dates, etc.
- It has special handling that lets you browse the keyword space like it was
a collection of nested folders. Example: Browse to keyword "Carnivores",
you will get the available keywords "Cats", "Dogs", and the selection will
narrow down, applying all the keywords you have selected on your path
through the keyword space.
- It comes complete with a Kupu "library", meaning you can browse the
keywords through the Kupu image insertion dialog to make it easy to locate
images even in a large collection of images.
- It has a tagging interface that lets you tag images with a thumbnail like
view, and apply keywords to multiple images at once.
- It uses whatever image type you have installed (it does need to be added as
an addable type and be able to supply thumbnails like the default Plone
image type, though).