This is a package version of qPloneGoogleSitemap Plone product since qPloneGoogleSitemap v.0.8.6
Plone Google Sitemaps product allows Plone websites to get better visibility for Google search engine by providing it with complete listing of URLs to website content.
Plone Google Sitemaps allows you to enable different kinds of Google Sitemaps on your Plone website. Such Sitemaps help Google identify site URLs and the data under each site section. With Google Sitemaps enabled, search engines could track your Plone site URLs faster and more efficiently, optimizing their search by placing all the information on one page.
With Plone Google Sitemaps product you can enable following Sitemap types on your Plone website:
- ContentSitemap - is a regular list of pages on your website. Creating and submitting such a Sitemap lets Google know about all the pages on your Plone web site, including URLs that may not be discoverable by Google's normal crawling process.
- MobileSitemap - is a specific type of Sitemap, that indexes all site URLs that serve content for mobile devices.
- NewsSitemap - is different from regular Sitemaps, since it is specific to Google News only.
Different Sitemap types index their own content and do not depend on other Sitemaps.
To enable Google Sitemaps on your site:
- Add Sitemap(s) at Google Sitemap "Settings" tab (Add-on Products Configuarion -> Google Sitemaps). You can add any of the Sitemap types: content, mobile or news.
- Let Google know about your Sitemap(s) by adding your Sitemap to Google Sitemaps.
See more detailed instructions on Plone Google Sitemaps usage at http://projects.quintagroup.com/products/wiki/qPloneGoogleSitemaps
Watch Plone Google Sitemaps Screencasts at http://quintagroup.com/cms/screencasts/qplonegooglesitemaps to see how to use this products on your Plone instance. Learn about how to install and configure Sitemaps on your Plone instance, how to create new Google Sitemaps, and how to let Google know about them.