To install it in your buildout, just add 'collective.quickupload' to your egg list, then
To install it in Plone, use the Addons control panel, select "Plone Quick Upload" Product and install it.
To see it in action, just assign the Quick Upload portlet somewhere in your site and test it.
This package contains :
A simple ajax view that can be called by any plone template.
Flashupload (jquery.uploadify) is more user friendly under MSIE, but has some "big" problems :
- cannot be used behind any kind of http authentication (basic authentication, windowsNT authentication, ...)
- cannot be used through https
- not open source
the webmaster has the choice between these 2 solutions (see control panel below).
the upload form can be viewed only with permission CMF.AddPortalContent on context
the upload form can be viewed only for objects providing IQuickUploadCapable, by default ATFolder, ATBTreeFolder and Plone Site are implementing IQuickUploadCapable
the quickupload form allows to fill title for each uploaded file (see control panel below)
the quickupload view log and returns errors to the form (unauthorized, id always exist, type not allowed, etc ... )
the view can use some attributes set in session or request:- force mediatype (could be None, image, video, audio, or something like this '*.pdf;*.doc;')
if a mediatype is set in request :
- with fileuploader.js an error is raised in the form when a file content-type selected is not correct.
- with Flashupload, only choosed content types are shown in selection window, with a specific message "select images", "select video files" (...).
if portal_type is not set in request, content_type_registry is used to find the good portal_type, otherwise the "File" portal_type will be used.
a basic Plone Control panel with some options:- use flashupload (yes/no), default = no
- fill file's titles in form (yes/no), default = yes
- automatic upload on select (yes/no), default=no
- max size limit for each file in KB (default= 0 = no limit)
- simultaneous uploads limit (default=2, 0 = no limit)
- a portlet calling the quickupload ajax view (it's also an example on how to use the quick_upload view)
- the portlet is not assigned (can be done TTW or in another package)
- control panel GS profile
- portlet GS profile
- doctests for control panel, portlet, and quick_upload view