Comparing CMF types with ATContentTypes
This is a very rough and short list of differences between the old CMF types and the new ATContentTypes types.
- Archetypes: All types are written with Archetypes and have all features default Archetypes based types have like:
- autogenerated edit forms based on the schema
- Easily enhanceable by subclassing or adding fields to the schema
- Transformations like restructured text, python source code highlighting, pdf to html, office to html and many more.
- plugable validation of fields
- Clean and documented API.
- Translateable using LinguaPlone.
- Dynamic Views: All types are using the new dynamic view FTI that allows you to choose the view template per instance. You can configure the templates in the portal_types tool. This features is used to turn an ordinary folder into a photo album by simple switching to a different view.
- Permissions per type and feature: Every type has its own add permission and all features like template mixin have their own modify permission, too.
- Numerous small adjustments and enhancements to all types for example:
- Images can be rotated through the web and have exif informations
- News Items have an image plus caption
- Events have a body text
- Documents have a history tab to show the last changes as an unified diff view using the ZODB history.