In the past, changing the look of a Plone site has been a challenging task for newbies, particularly ones with little or no knowledge of CSS (Cascading Style Sheets).
The CSSManager product gives you a simple point and click interface that lets you change things like:
- Colors: of text and borders
- Borders: styles and widths
- Fonts: styles and sizes
- The site logo
Essentially, this product enables you to customize the DTML properties that your theme's style sheets reference (for example, the properties specified in the base_properties file).
It completely removes the need to go into the ZMI (Zope Management Interface)
Instead, customizations are made from within the Plone control panel (accessible via the "site setup" link on a typical Plone site).
Some features that even experienced site customizers might find useful:
- Buttons give you the ability to enable and disable CSS
Debug Mode on the fly
- CSSManager senses what base_properties your site is using
puts a copy of that file in your site's portal_skins/custom folder,
ready to be customized
- A color-picker lets you experiment with different colors for things like text and borders.