Content Management Software Info: Improvement
One more stage of contentmanagementsoftware.info website reorganization is over.
Most attention was paid to making Plone Products section more useful and informative. What we managed to implement so far:
- More Products Screenshots. Screenshots were added into products description pages for better understanding the product with the first look (e.g. Plone Tabs, Plone True Gallery).
- More Themes Screenshots. Plone Themes and Skins section listing was expanded with skins screenshots. So now while searching for a necessary theme in this category you can see theme look immediately without need to visit every theme description page.
- More Products Categories. Some product sections like Other and Development tools
were reorganized: new product categories were added for better division
of products, according to their featured. New Plone categories that
have recently been created are the following:
- Import and Export - containing products for managing import/export operations in/out of Plone.
- Navigation and Menus - containing products that are used for implementing advantage navigation on Plone sites. These products make it possible to create drop-down menus, several-lines navigation tabs, extend navigation portlet etc.
- Rating and Evaluation - containing tools for rating and evaluating of content on Plone websites.
- Theme Deployment - containing products for creating Plone skins: tools that allow to inspect your Plone site, implement some special visual features, change colors or borders shape, etc.
- Third-party Integration - containing tools that allow integration of Plone with other powerful systems like Salesforce, Paypal, etc.
- Workflow - containing products for managing workflow process in Plone.
- More Products Descriptions. Every
Plone category now has a short description, in which it goes about what
products are included into it and what purposes can its products be