Oscar, e-commerce framework for Django. (0.6.4)
Oscar is an e-commerce framework for Django that is used to building domain-driven flexible applications. It is well-structured so it is rather easy to customize core business objects to suit the business needs. This allows Oscar to handle a wide range of e-commerce requirements, from large-scale B2C sites to complex B2B sites.
- Support for all product types, including downloadable products, subscriptions, products with several variants(e.g. a shirt in different sizes and colours).
- Customisable products
- Multiple fulfillment partners for the same product.
- Range of merchandising blocks for promoting products throughout your site.
- Sophisticated offers - multibuys, bundles, buy X get 50% of Y etc
- Comprehensive dashboard
- Support for split payment orders
- Extension libraries available for PayPal, GoCardless, DataCash
Oscar is an extremely flexible e-commerce solution, so there is no need to compromise.
Some problems Oscar already solves:
- A checkout with up to 9 different payment sources, using multiple payment partners.
- Sales representatives are allowed to place orders on behalf of their customers, using allocated budgets, managed within the system.
- Integration with a series of SAP web services to provide catalogue and inventory updates.
- Handling of a catalogue of around 20 million products, with stock provided by a range of international partners. Stock and biblio updates happening continuous using a Celery-driven backend.
- Sophisticated access-control rules governing which customers can see which products.
Oscar was written by David Winterbottom and is developed and maintained by Tangent Labs , a London-based digital agency, with help from Mirumee . It is used in production in several applications to sell everything from beer mats to iPads.
- django-oscar-datacash - Integration with the DataCash payment gateway
- django-oscar-paypal - Integration with PayPal. This currently supports both Express Checkout and PayFlow Pro.
- django-oscar-gocardless - Integration with the GoCardless payment gateway
- django-oscar-jirafe - Integration with the Jirafe analytics package